HH, I certainly agree on many of your comments. The old guys usually have a much different view then the young guys in most hunting and fishing sports. I also believe that urbanization has changed many in that while a lot of guys hunt, they don't have much "appreciation" for the kill, kill, kill idealism that some more so country folks might have. I believe many of the urbanish folks dont see hunting as a necessity to them personally and that's why they don't engage more in issues. In regard to cost, I still look at what inflation would have done to the fees from the 1950's and as such, hunting license fees are very reasonable and a great buy at a much higher cost than they are today. The high cost of equipment isn't an issue because that is also discretionary income use which is all up to the consumer. It's obviously not needed to simply shoot something.

What I do t care for today is the lack of respect for the wildlife and the fellow sportsmen that I believe is widespread amongst hunters. Also, the lack of both personal and peer accountability. Sportsmen don't step up in those regards in my opinion, generally speaking. But, times change and the older you get the more those changing times tend to bother a person.