I think most that are not in favor of OBR are simply folks who want to shoot, shoot, shoot, to a degree. It's not terribly different in other hunting venues. If the duck bag limit falls, you hear guys cry and scream. OBR was met to achieve a better age distribution and help in spread the buck harvest. Most guys don't care about the guy next door and whether or not they have something to hunt.

I agree though that if the average becomes 150, 150 is no longer what will be considered trophy. The idealism of trophy tends to be measured by some arbitrary score, at least arbitrary when established. It's a bit goofy to me to think that a 140 inch deer is a trophy when in my opinion a 6 pointer at 120 is much more impressive than a 10 at 140. But as you say, the OBR does not limit anyones ability to shoot "the buck" they want to shoot. I'm afraid that many in the outdoors tend to measure some aspect of their manhood annually by how big of a buck or how many bucks they shoot. Generally speaking, therapy is probably what is needed for these types and not the opportunity to shoot another buck, in my opinion.

Now, passion is passion and one man's passion can certainly seem totally goofy to someone else. So, for those who put year round work into managing a property for big deer, lets forget the word trophy, good for them. Where I would draw a line is if the DNR ever moves to put a point or antler size restriction on buck harvest. While OBR might assist in the creation of bigger bucks, OBR doesn't specifically have anything to do with trophy management.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"