As I read other sites on the comments of the OBR ....a few things come to mind......

One of the complaints thrown at the OBR crowd is "you just want a trophy buck around every tree".............well, let's look at that for a second.......

1) The OBR was NOT designed from DAY ONE by our IDNR to grow more "Trophy Deer".........It was to be a regulation tool to actually help manage the entire deer herd size. The logic was that as long as hunters had bucks they could hunt.........they would NOT likely hunt does. The OBR gained traction then as it was to be a tool to still support taking a buck..........but also get the guys to focus on doe hunting sooner. People often forget that......

2) In an OBR model you STILL can shoot little bucks........nobody says you can't............so if the woods has more mature deer roaming around.........it also has more little deer roaming around too.............and NOBODY says you can't shoot the little bucks if you want. The crying tends to come from those that have NO restraint on not shooting bucks.........but they want to shoot multiple bucks to make up for the Big Boy they are NEVER likely going to see because of their itchy trigger finger........hence they like to point their finger at something else to blame (the guys that can practise restraint/the OBR crowd). They see the Big Boys being taken by those that manage............and to counter that they want to be able to say "well, you took that big 10 pt.....but I took two bucks". They still want to appear as if they are "something"........but in an OBR system..........they can't do that...........and it drives them SILLY!!! Their innabililty to manage their trigger finger...........their innability to work with their neighbors..........their innability to put work and effort into something any way they can.............just shines stronger. And when they think they have a chance to kill off OBR guidelines that make them look silly.............they will want it DEAD......and I mean DEAD!!

3) I never, Never, NEVER met a hunter that didn't like the idea of hunting on my properties where the likelihood of seeing a mature buck was higher. NOT ONE HUNTER.............PERIOD!!!!!!! The thought of having "alot" of big bucks in an area just makes them drooool. So when I hear them complain that the OBR crowd "just wants a big buck around every tree"............well guess what................SO DO THEY!!!! LOL!! But they just don't want to do what it takes to get to that level in most cases..........but they will complain, and they will put stands on my borders facing my property and trimming lanes to shoot in my property, and they will tresspass, they will poach, and they will shoot the mechanical buck with CO's ready to role up against my properties...........they will do ANYTHING that is easy to do to get that Big Buck they claim they have no interest in it. Simply Stunnnnnning isn't it......... So..........waste little time attempting to make sense why they "don't want mature deer around every tree"......

4) And one last thing............ I saw a person taking a shot at the OBR crowd on another site stating......"when you have a ton of 150+ inch bucks running around the woods people wont consider them trophies anymore" ..........that was his "logic". Well.......let me tell you something folks.........If that scenario were to play out and "150+ inch bucks" were crawling all over the woods.........the "TROPHY" would be the work it took to get there. People sometimes look just at the buck laying in the truckbed as "The Trophy"..........but in reality the real "TROPHY" is the hours of scouting, running trail cams, spending time with your neighbors so you all have a good relationship and common goals, taking time to understand the animal year round, proper stand placement with all shooting lanes cleared, making sure your weapon is in perfect order, reading up on good tactics, listening to those that are successful with their tactics, washing down every day you hunt, etc etc. Those things make the "Trophy"........Those things are the "Difference". People look kinda strange at me when I tell them I deer hunt year round......had one guy tell me "that's illegal".....LOL!! I then made it clear to him when I said........"Every buck I have on that wall was not a "hunt" the day I took him........the hunting was already done........I was just there in that stand, that day, to finish the deal."........

........and that my friends is what the "Trophy" is. It is not the "Fruit", it is the "Tree". And those that just choose to "Sloth" through life just can't relate.

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"