As far as getting a holster for the PPQ I have now tried three different Alien Gear IWB holsters and one Alien Gear OWB holster with the PPQ and my other pistol.

Alien gear holsters come with interchangeable plastic shells that can be taken off and replace with a shell for another type of gun.

I got the Tuck 2.0 first as at that time it was their newest model. But I found that although it was very comfortable I had a hard time getting the gun back in the holster while wearing the holster. The opening tends to get covered with the top flap of material which is very soft and flexible. And I'm over weight which makes it even harder to wear an IWB holster. If you are thin then it may work better for you.

My second Alien Gear Holster was the original Tuck 1.0 with brown leather backing. I do like this holster as it's easier to put the gun back inside the holster while wearing it. The top flap is stiffer and doesn't tend to cover the opening as much as the neopreme Tuck 2.0.

They came out with a new holster called the Tuck 3.0. They have put a very thin spring steel plate inside the holster which gives it more rigidity at the top. So the top tab that goes between your gun and the body is not so flexible and tends to straight straighter and not fall over the opening on the holster. This makes it a little easier to replace the pistol back into the holster while wearing it. I've just got this new holster from Alien Gear and have only worn it one time going to the grocery store. It was very comfortable and I am liking it.

Now I purchased the last two holster with the Shell for my New Ruger LC9S Pro pistol. This pistol is striker fired and had a very nice smooth trigger. It's also smaller than the PPQ. It's single stack and carries 7 rounds in total. I carry with one round inside the chamber and the gun is ready to fire so trigger control is ESSENTIAL. I like carrying the Ruger better than the PPQ as it's smaller and lighter and conceals well. The PPQ being double stack and carrying 17 rounds is so heavy that my pants tend to want to fall down unless I cinch the belt up so tight that I nearly can't breath. That makes it uncomfortable to carry the PPQ.

Now a few times I've carried the Ruger in the Alien Gear Outside the Waste Belt leather holster and it's comfortable at the 3 O'clock strong arm position. And with a big floppy shirt it's concealable to most people. But if you know what to look for and are observant then you can tell I'm carrying. I went into Gander Mountain one day and a guy saw that I was packing. Actually all I was wearing was the Alien Gear OWB holster. I left my pistol out in the vehicle when I went inside the Store. And The guy that noticed my holster was looking at people to see if they were carrying. But I was still surprised that he saw my holster PRINTING though my Dark Shirt. Heck I was wearing a 2x size T shirt and it still fits tight around my waist. I guess I need a bigger shirt to help conceal my gun these days.

In summary I would highly recommend the Ruger LC9S Pro or LC9S with the manual safety. The Pro model does not have an external safety.

The FBI has said recently that the 9 mm round it the best over all round to use for many different reasons. But I'm sure that others will argue this point and say that they prefer other rounds. All I know is that I like the 9 mm round. The ammo is readily available and not that expensive. And if you shoot a lot and don't reload it pays to save money in the long run on ammo. I can buy 50 rounds of 9 mm for 12 to 13 bucks which is not that bad. I normally buy 350 rounds for about $100.

Regards,

Moose1am