I also bought my first hand gun for home defense, target practice and back up for coyote hunting.

I chose the Walther PPQ (Police Pistol Quick) hand gun in 9 mm.

I'm happy with this gun. Not sure if I will carry it on my person as it's a medium sized hand gun and not a small gun. It's also a double stack which makes it's magazine a little wider than a single stack magazine.

This gun shoots well and the trigger pull is really nice. The trigger Reset is fast.( 0.1") I think that the trigger pull is around 4.5 lbs. With a very clean break and little over travel.

The only thing I might change out is the sights. I might think about adding some Night Sights so that I can shoot it better in the dark. It comes with wind adjustable rear sight but I'm not sure that the elevation is adjustable on the rear sight or front sights. But it shooting accurately right out of the box.

I got two additional magazines for it and they each hold 17 rounds as they are larger that the two magazines that came with the pistol.

I'm shooting at targets 25 yards away and hitting the target good. Several shots were inside the center of the 2" bulls eye with the rest in a 9" circle around the bulls eye.

I need to figure out what type of holster to buy for it if I'm going to carry it. Inside the waste band type might require a few new pair of pants and a new wider belt to hold up the pants.

If I go with outside the waist band type holster then I won't be able to hide it under my shirt. But it might be a lot more comfortable to carry with OWB holster.

Not sure what type of holster to get if I'm carrying the gun while driving. Shoulder type maybe?

Right now I'm using a cheap Wal-Mart Pellet Gun fabric holster that I used with my Umarex Walter Pellet Gun. This holster was only about 10 bucks at Wal-Mart and I have two of these. It's working good for now but I want something a little better someday.

I'm not sure on the type of cant and height above the belt to get so I'm thinking of buying something that's adjustable for both cant angle and height above the belt. Just now sure if that exists and what brand to buy. Then there is the material type.

I read that a lot of guys are carrying this gun so I guess that works. It does not look like it would feel comfortable ISWB at the 4 or 5 O'clock position if I'm sitting down and driving my truck.

The Walter PPQ is a striker Fired Pistol and it's very easy to clean and lube. It's very Glock Like in that it's a polymer frame and steel barrel and slide. It' breaks down easily and it well made. German's are good engineers and they make good products.

The only down side is that it's not cheap. And the extra magazines are more expensive but they are well made too. I took my new magazines apart to clean them and had to figure out how to dismantle them as they didn't have a button on the bottom to release the bottom part. I got mine apart but I'm not sure how I did it. LOL Luckily I don't have to clean the magazines very often.

I went to the range Friday afternoon and shoot about 200 round though the pistol. I had fun. And that's what I think it's all about. Having some fun and enjoying some time at rifle range and enjoying the sunshine.

Regards,

Moose1am