I would go with the lesser of the 2. You get the good looks without going overboard on a daily driver.

Both are too much for me. I have an 88 Chevy that I am finishing up on for a secondary truck. I commute too far to drive a 4x4 everyday. Mostly mine is for running around in while hunting and fishing. I considered a 4" suspension lift. It just cost too much (dang IFS) and makes it too tough to load and unload stuff. I have 32" tires with a 2" body lift (body lifts are much better than they used to be if you get a good one)and it is hard enough to get a good sized deer in it by myself. I need a truck that looks cool and still functions as a truck. For me it makes more since to leave the 03 2wd stock and fix up the old truck. I get the best of both worlds with the 2nd truck. Though I understand this doesn't work for everyone.

Of course if I worked in town I would probably sell the new truck and just drive the old one everyday. I love that truck.

Either way you go the truck will look a lot better than it does. No offense (I am a big Chevy lover)but they just look weak in stock form. The new body style is a bit better. Maybe on the next model they will at least offer an off road package that looks like an off road package.