Originally posted by reloader:
Like i said before DRS,theres a whole lot that dont have experiance shooting differant calibers,most just have a shotgun/sluggun,a .22 and probably not much opportunity to shoot and play with stuff like we do,finding a place to shoot is hard,imagine how many young people would love to go out with dad to target shoot but have no where to go,thats why i dont like Indiana now that the countryside is dotted with a house in almost every woodlot,im down to a couple places to shoot/hunt now from dozens i used to have as a teen.
Reloader, You're right 110%! I know what you mean about finding places to hunt or shoot here in Indiana. Where I live, Vanderburgh County, what countryside is left it is way small and homes dot the landscape. It's really hard to find a safe place to hunt or even target shoot. I guess I am lucky as I have 15 acres wooded where I can still hunt Small Game & Deer, here. I must drive up to Sugar Ridge F&G Area's rifle range to pratice shooting with one of my High Powered rifles, and it's a 70 mile round trip. I normally hunt Deer in KY as it is far less crowded down there and many places to hunt. I've also been on Deer & Black Bear hunts in Colorado & Washington State several times. I too have lost several hunting areas to development and other concerns, here in Indiana. So yes, I think you're right that some of the fine folks here just don't have the space or oportunity to shoot to have enough experience comparing "Pistol Cartridge" firing Rifles to Shotguns firing slugs.

David