Originally posted by reloader:
But your grouping it all with "centerfire",of course not all calibers,but it would be nice to use other guns such as a lever action.Some people might be in disagreement cause they havent owned/shot the kinds of guns/calibers we are talking about,its kinda like the BUG EYED attitude liberals had when they imposed the Clinton assalt weapons ban,talking about that "terrible pistol grip" and such.Im not saying anyone here is a liberal just maybe some misunderstanding of rifles and those certain calibers.
Originally posted by BIGBUCKS:
[b] Nope,my shotgun won't even come close to that kinda yardage.Still don't feel Indiana is ready for centerfire rifles.
[/b]
Reloader, I agree with your post 110%! As you see, by reading some of the threads on this subject, that most Hunters (Not All) here really don't understand much about Cartridges & Firearms at all. This is the perception I get when they start comparing .30-06's to .44 Magnums, then try to justify their inaccurate shotguns as being "Good enough". I personally have fired, at least once, practically every cartridge out there from the tiny .17's to the mighty .460 Weatherby Magnum, so I have a pretty good Idea when it comes to talking about "Pistol" cartridge power vs. "Rifle" cartridge power.

David