I WOULD LIKE TO think rifles should be allowed on a limited basis. Due to the fact that much of the state is fairly crowded (and flat) I'd hope for common sense rules. Some areas may not be suitable at all due to high population density.

I am not sure it's NEEDED in most areas of the state. I have shot several deer - and it didn't require a rifle because the ranges are not long. I would be afraid of slobs taking risky shots and wounding animals too - I realize that that probably happens in rifle states, not sure the makes it ok though.

Finally, the REALITY of several opening day mornings and hearing 3 or 4 idiots shooting their shotguns 30 45 minutes prior to legal shooting shows me that I can't trust a lot of people with a rifle. NOTE - Of course that doesn't apply to members of this forum. I expect we're all a bit better than that! smile

However, we unfortunately all end up getting penalized. Since I am big on "rights" and freedom I would support it if I ever got a chance. HOWEVER, I sure as heck would NOT be in the Deer woods on opening weekend because I'd fear for my life!

Do I sound like I have mixed feelings? I do!
Jay

If it flies it dies!