Originally posted by Pepper1:
I was a member for 25 years, right up to the time when they stuck their nose into our deer hunting regulations. They endorsed the use of hpr for deer hunting, which i am opposed to. As the law was written, you can only have 10 rounds of ammo in your possession while deer hunting with a hpr. I saw that as an infringement on my 2nd amendment right to arm myself as i see fit. I can go down to Indy and walk up and down the sidewalk in front of the capital building with my 30.06 and pull a little red wagon filled with 10,000 rounds of ammo. And it is perfectly legal to do so. But come opening day of deer season if i walk out of my back door with 11 rounds of 30.06 ammo, I can be arrested for being in possession of too bullets. I just feel like the nra endorsed a law that infringed on my 2nd amendment right. I just wish that they would stick to protecting our 2nd amendment, and keep their nose out of a states hunting regulations.
The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, never has.

If the state wanted to ban the use of all firearms for hunting, they could, and there is nothing we could do about it.