hightower, The site you have referenced has some fact and some spin. The NRA has done a lot of good over the years for our second amendment rights and still continues to do so. the organization has also been "poisoned" by the concept of compromise that always takes place in D.C. and has allowed some questionable legislation to get thru in my opinion. i.e. banning machineguns.
Keep in mind there is always some disention in an organization of this size and back in the 80's some of the hard liners along with Neal Knox split off because of the compromises that were being negotiated.
Most hardline gun rights people are now joining Gun Owners of America and/or Nat. Assoc. of Gun Rights.
I am an endowment member of the NRA. When I was solicited for Patron I sent the money to Gun Owners of America. I'm also a licensed FFL and have been since 1980

Bottom line---join whatever "flavor" you like but join an organization and remember this:

Without these organizations you children may not have the choice as you and I do about the right to own a firearm of their choosing.
It's not about gun control--it's about control-- and they can't control an armed public.

Steve

sab