Iv'e been gone 4 days and missed all this,takes a while to catch up without dsl speed! But anyway,there is a lot of gunowners that have jumped ship due to a few reasons but mainly the 'badgering' for money,I have sat at the NRA booth at the Indy 1500 gunshow several times signing people up or renewing,one man sat down and said just that,'i let my membership go cause of them always wanting money' &'if you can convince me or explain why they do i'll rejoin'and i did just that,saying such as"they have many programs,newspaper adds,radio shows,court fights,tv shows,ect. and that takes a lot of money,it only comes from us,without it there is no NRA voice,thus we loose the battles.Mailings from my local range/gun club cost last year $2000 for a couple hundred members,could you imagine 4 million members for the NRA?,what about one add in a newspaper? A radio address?Its a game we HAVE to play or we'll be playing golf or tennis like Clinton wanted instead of our hobby as it is. And to the man witnessing at a range a member making a pipebomb out of a muzzleloader,that was just one man,and just think in ANY group of people,theres always a nut no matter where you go,dont let someone else's action or words sway your opinion of any organization where their action/words are not the 'normal'way of things.I didnt know when i became a member at 14 years old just what the NRA did besides fight for our rights,there IS another whole 'world'there,check it out on the NRA websites.