Originally posted by IndyMatt:
I am a NRA member, why because I feel that they do a number of things to support gun ownership. They helped support those guys that had their vehicles searched at work and when guns were found in the vehicles (first day of deer season) they were fired. Not to mention what has already been said about New Orleans gun owners.

Now, I do my father in law is not, this is due to the Ruby Ridge comments. I cannot comment for sure if this is when the NRA made the following comments or not? They stated that federal agents responding were Jack Booted thugs. After they said that he quit sending in his membership dues.

I can safely say that I do not agree with the above comments and do not agree with all that the NRA stands for, however I agree with a lot of it. I would find this similar to someone belonging to a church or a denomination and then not agreeing with the interpretation.
Call me radical, but I DO agree with the "Jack booted thug" statement. Are you aware of what happened there? The Federal Agent shooting the wife of the suspect, as she, held her baby, and unarmed?
The first President Bush rescinded his life membership at the time too, and my opinion was-see ya.
Sometimes, freedom, and protecting freedoms can get ugly, and some don`t have the stomach for it. If you don`t, that`s fine, but those of us who do have the will to protect freedom could use your support, instead of you joining the anti`s with the verbal attacks.