Charlton Heston was the best thing to happen to the NRA at the time of Bill Clinton reign of power.If there was no NRA you would not have the guns you do right now,Yes they bug for money,they operate on gifts,your dues only pay for the magazine.they help fight in courts all the time,to preserve a single person thats been done wrong,and other court battles are never ending,Handgun Control Inc. has an adgenda to bleed us all dry,its been costly,but we are winning right now,as states have passed laws protecting gun manufacters from lawsuits,and are winning everwhere,only because the right people are in offices now,and the NRA is fighting hard.Those letters asking for money dont bother me,ive maybe sent 10 $ in the last 20 years,but im doing better now and im ready to send more,as the fight is on when /if another Clinton type gets elected.The NRA is also much more than a fighting leagal body,they train police,youth,women,support hunting issues,run the shooting sports programs,kept Clinton from shutting down the Division of Civilian Marksmanship Program where also he was in the process of cutting up all the historic M-1 rifles,now there still there for you and me to buy.I could go on but im getting tierd,goodby...