For several years the IDHA has been involved in a scouting "out reach" program for urban youth and special needs youth. Last Thursday 5/16/13 The Indiana Deer hunters Association was awarded a national scouting award! This award is presented to one individual or group annually in the United States.

The award is called the Russell G, Hill award and is awarded to.......... "Hightest recognition to individuals or organizations making an outstanding to character education".

We contributed a "working" archery package,.." NASP program" and people to introduce special needs youth as well as inner city youth to archery shooting at the event over the past five years.

This is an example as how the IDHA contributes to the non hunting commumity..... If we gain one hunter per year we have met our goal!

Enough of "tooting our horn"...... "We rose to the occasion".

The award will be placed in the appropriate hands. Jim Shafer of the IDHA has led this program, congrats Jim!

If you want to help in this endeavor, PLEASE contact the Scouts and inquire about the "Learning for Life" Program. I saw a BB gun shooting range in dire need of support/instructors........ PM me for details on the project......

I will make a guarantee, give one day to this cause and you will be hooked for life.

Joe Bacon

IDHA President

When science meets tradition there will be sparks.....