This past weekend I attended the Indiana Bowhunters Banquet, while there I learned how far Indiana has come with the Archery in Schools Program in one short year. Thirty Three(33) schools in Indian have the program and there are NINE(9) schools waiting on equipment! Two high scholls in Indianapolis (Crispus Attucks and Arlington high schools) currently have the program. There are plans for sectional and State championships in archery under this program.

This program has led to after school clubs of students shooting archery and interests in hunting! we will never get shooting of firearms in schools but we can get interest in archery and hunting with this program.

The package is $2600.00 Genisis bows, targets, backstops,arrows and all the gear needed to shoot and set up a range. If a group donates half, the other half is paid for!

My question here is twofold........

1. Do you think we as a site can raise enough donations to purchase a package?

2. Is there a member here who would like to head this up and be a point of contact and collect donations?

The IDHA will be purchasing a pakage in the next few weeks as well as the Hoosier Record Book Program. That is two of the nine needed, can HoosierHunting.com make it three?

When science meets tradition there will be sparks.....