I'll agree that large of increase is unwarranted, but do any of you political experts have any shred of evidence Daniels even knows of the increase, let alone instigated it?
I strongly doubt Mitch has any idea

Or are the bunch of you talking out your...exhaust port, as usual?
Happens a lot on this board

These ranges are a pet project of the manager for fish and wildlife areas. He's a competitive shooter and a pretty good guy in my opinion. There's 3 so far and a fourth planned to serve the 4 corners of the state. Pittman /Robertson and state funds(both a one time expense) were/are used.
The following is my opinion--- Where he's got problems is the ongoing expense of running them and his budget---so Kingsbury and now Atterbury have been leased to vendors. He had a hard time finding someone to lease Atterbury(this is fact) so approved the fee increase when the vendor asked for it rather than face the alternatives.
Bottom line--It is still more than I want to pay and I'm hoping the vendor opts out(looses money) so it lands back into the DNR's lap. I as a sportsman already paid for the range and should not be "double dipped".

sab