I swear every year I try to put out new food plots and it seems every Year after I plant them mother nature never cooperates with me and the rain stays away. I tried to do everything right this year I took soil samples and sent them in to get the right PH and fertilizer. I spread the necessary amount of Lime on my 3 fields to raise the PH in July then sprayed for weeds. When the weeds died down I disked everything in. waited for a couple weeks and disked again. I disked one more time late August and then i added my fertilizer and harrowed that in. I Then put a cover crop of wheat out and drug that in lightly. Then I cultipacked the fields and planted Imperial whitetail clover and cultipacked it again. This was Sept 3rd and we had an 80% chance of rain on the 4th. Needless to say we did not get any rain on the 4th and since then we have only had 3 10th's of an inch. Seems like the food plot Gods are always against me and I have been doing this for years now with about the same outcome. Plant and the rains dry up!!!!! Oh, well it keeps me busy I guess. Glad I am not a farmer because I would lose the farm.