Originally posted by Cody.Query:
Originally posted by HatchetJack:
[b]
Originally posted by M4Madness:
[b] This isn't the first time that Indiana lawmakers have passed hunting bills, nor will it be the last, I assume.
There are some rules/laws that are in statute (the sound suppressor bill comes to mind). Those must go to the legislature to be changed. Some rule-making authority has been granted to the NRC. Approving weapons for deer hunting was one of those powers. This bill overrules the Governor-appointed NRC and makes a LAW which can only be changed by making another LAW. Slippery slope indeed. [/b]
I don't know much about the process but a democracy vote from the state congress seems less corrupt than an appointed rule-making authority but again I'm not vested in the process so that could be entirely inaccurate. [/b]
The NRC is "supposed" to be more in touch and understand things of this nature though, as that was their designed purpose.

Congress/Legislatures have proven time and time again to know very little about things, yet then proceed to make laws on them. Gun bans is the first obvious ones...different states or areas yes but same concept.

If you form a committee tasked with the responsibility of making decisions like this (NRC) yet then make a law in essence making them useless...all you did was waste time, money and thought process on forming the NRC.