Originally posted by tynimiller:
Originally posted by jjas:
[b] tynimiller
[b]My only real contention is if passed that there is no capacity maximum. It is a logical safety precaution to not allow scattering tens or more rounds at a target. To me 5 is a good solid number....me personally I believe 1 shot only but that is my personal flavor

I think there is going to be a problem with limiting capacity to 5 IF (and that's a big IF) this passes, as there are legal lever action rifles that hold more than 5 rounds now.

Things like this are part of the reason I think this thing will die off once the real debate starts. [/b]
Most shotguns hold more than the waterfowlers are allowed....but maybe the deer hunters aren't as smart smile lol! [/b]
IF this thing passes with varying capacity limits, it could end up pretty confusing.....

Rifles in approved calibers that hold up to 10 rounds in a tubular magazine - legal.

No limit on rounds that shotguns hold - legal.

Semi-auto rifles in approved calibers that hold more than 5 rounds in a removable magazine - Legal/not legal?

Bolt action rifles that hold more than 5 rounds in a removable magazine - Legal/Not legal?

What a mess....