Originally posted by BREW...:
Originally posted by tynimiller:
[b] I see the comment "they already use them" a lot when this topic comes up.

The big difference is current cost to legally hunt with a HPR cartridge. You either go custom hoosier build or an expensive pistol.

However, if this passes people are going to be buying $200-$300 cheap single shot .308s or $500 AR's like it is the apocolypse. Most sloppy Joe hunters won't take the time or money it takes currently to hunt with HPR....now though he can just grab is old AK or AR and BOOOM till his or her's heart content.

Bird hunters have round limits....if passed I'd support at least that being restricted.
Ty....you need to do a fact finding/search on what folks are using now in wildcat rounds. Many wildcat rounds equate to HPR now and are just a simple brass trim and reload no custom gun needed. They are used now over the entire state on public and private land by many it seems.

The part I don't understand with this bill is your be able to hunt private land with HPR but not public...no matter what the private acreage size is. confused [/b]
I bow hunt nearly 100% of the time but am around guns a lot at the shop...however I do claim ignorance on the topic of wildcat rounds. I understand the brass trimming but you can't just grab a .358 Hoosier for cheap that I know of?

Or perhaps that isn't the round you are meaning, please explain as I do admit firearm hunting to me is of little interest and my .44 Blackhawk or Muzzeloader do just fine when the rare time I do gun hunt happens.