The Advisory Council (AC) met on January 14, 2015 as scheduled. (Please note that the Advisory Council (AC) is just what its name implies -- it gives advice, serves as a sounding board, makes suggestions, etc. It does NOT have the authority to rule on proposals for regulation changes like the Natural Resources Commission does.) The AC discussed the proposed “high-power rifle” rule changes as noted in their meeting agenda. Following is the link to their January 14 meeting agenda:

www.in.gov/nrc/2435.htm

The January 14 meeting was a matter of public record and the meeting minutes will be made available to the public. Also, it is my understanding that at the upcoming meeting (January 20, 2015) of the Natural Resources Commission (NRC) the Advisory Council will present a report of what transpired at its most recent meeting. Please refer to the following link to see the agenda for the NRC January 20, 2015 meeting:

http://in.gov/nrc/2350.htm

Also, please note that in my opinion no ruling regarding the “high-power rifle” rule is expected by the NRC at its January 20 meeting. I suspect the NRC will hear what the AC has to say and take it under consideration as additional input in the process of evaluating comments regarding proposed rule changes.

Also, please note that I have not yet seen or heard any specific date or dates for public hearings. There will most likely be more than one public hearing, taking into account all the interest in the proposed rule changes by citizens all over the state. I do expect the date(s) for public hearing(s) will be announced before long.

JMHO -- FWIW

May all our hunts be safe, enjoyable, and deeply appreciated.