I attended the annual meeting and here is the highlights, those who attended feel free to add or correct my comments.........

Right to hunt and fish as passed by leislature a year ago.......... ISR WILL NOT support it as written. Farm inclusion is not germain nor supported. Will work to kill it.

NRA right to hunt and fish amendment...... too vague. Will not support as written. Board member who is a lawyer said he could "shoot it full of holes" as written. NRA was asked to look at it and submit again.

Pheasants Forever presented a plan for habitat in warm season grasses along interstate right of ways in lue of fescue. All supported their goals.

Indiana Tree Dog Alliance proposed an early squirrel season in March. Impact on breeding season is needed to support.

NRA is asked to take a position on deer farming and high fence hunting as they have already done so in Florida...... They do not support in Florida.

Indiana Wild Turkey Federation reports on how they lead the nation in Indiana on funding habitat restoration.

Catfish Alliance presented a VERY compelling presentation of how commercial fishing is affecting our resource here in Indiana, in Ohio,Wabash as well as inland rivers and streams.Roundtable vows to work closely with the sport fisherman to protect the valuable resource.

Deer farming and Preserve (deer) will again be a topic in the upcoming legislature. ISR will work to kill any and ALL legislation that supports deer farming and presrves.

ISR is investigating and will pursue a Sportsmens Political Action Committee (SPAC). Sad but true............ you have to have money as well as influence in legislative issues.

I'll give a IDNR report in a seperate post here.... WE DO NOT want it perceived IDNR is a part or member of the ISR.

Anyone present at the meeting is free to comment on my reporting of topics.

When science meets tradition there will be sparks.....