Governor Mike Pence today appointed Cameron Clark as director of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.

"When it comes to Indiana's natural resources, our administration is focused on continuing the good work already begun in Indiana's parks, furthering conservation efforts around the state, expanding recreational opportunities and improving services for Hoosiers," said Governor Pence. "With a shared vision for the future of the department and a true love for the outdoors, Cameron Clark is the right man at the right time to lead Indiana's Department of Natural Resources in the years ahead."

Clark most recently served as Chief Legal Counsel within DNR, a role he has held since 2011. Prior to his time in state government, Clark worked for more than two decades at the law firm of Clark, Quinn, Moses, Scott & Grahn in Indianapolis, where he primarily focused on assisting clients in the purchase, sale and zoning of real estate and busineses. He also advised on matters related to state and local licensing and land usage permitted by local, state and federal laws and guidelines. Clark earned his undergraduate degree in economics from Vanderbilt University and his law degree from Indiana University in Indianapolis.

"This Agency is comprised of a lot of very talented and passionate people, and I am delighted for the opportunity to be a part of that culture," said Clark. "My hope is to continue to increase the recreational opportunities available to Indiana citizens, particularly our children, while at the same time holding fast to our strong conservation ethic."

There's a reason I like dogs better'n people... .