Ive been catching a lot of white bass trolling and cleaned a limit every other day for about 2 weeks. Thursday evening I hooked up on one that was the biggest yet. This fish was long and thick. I measured it on a golden rule board that is 15 1/2" long and the fish hung over the end of the board by 2 1/2" easily. I put it in the live well and continued fishing. About 9PM I decided to quit and didnt want to clean any more fish so I released all of them.

When I got home and thought about it I looked in the fishing regulations for the record white bass. Last year biggest white bass recorded was 16" and the record is 4lbs 3 ozs. Ive caught hundreds of bass over the years tournament fishing and Im a pretty good judge of what a fish weighs and I think I might have thrown the new state record white bass back into the lake. My fish was real close to 18" and really thick and heavy. I blieve it would have topped the old record.

Im really not disappointed as Ive released a lot of big fish back to spawn another day but it would have been nice to see what it actually weighed. I have a digital fish scale that will be in my boat from now on. h.h.

If you're not a hemorrhoid, get off my butt.