I get your point, and I agree with your statements, kinda. I realize that we cannot just shoot a dog for the sake of just shooting it. However, I believe as a dog owner, you are responsible for what that dog does, when, how, and where. Don't run your dog all over my property and expect me to overlook it...I don't want you there, that is why I posted the "NO Trespassing" signs. The fact that you would dump your dogs close to my property knowing darn well they could come my way shows your blatant disreguard. Get my point?
Let me ask you this.......Do you believe Mr Hall Should be charged with trespassing? Do you believe at all that this could have been prevented had he used better judgement of where he turned these dogs out? I think the answer is yes, and I believe a felony in this situation is BS. On the other hand....The shooter may have well used better judgement too, but from what I've read, he says it was out of defense.
You would not want to be in this position had you shot this dog in defense and were being made into a felon, would you? Not saying this is the case, only my opinion of it.