Thanks guys.

Bryan, yes the meat is excellent. We had roast and backstrap in camp, and I would say it's almost beef-like in taste and texture. I brought home all of the meat from my animal and also got donated another guy's since he was from California, and he didn't want to pay the butchering fees and extra baggage fees to get it home. As far as why the hunt is being stopped....the Leaf River herd has been counted and supposedly dropped from 350,000 animals a few years ago, down to about 200,000 animals now. Even though sport hunting only takes less than 1% of the population, the hunt has been stopped "for the foreseeable future". That could very well mean for the rest of our lives unless someone pursues some type of legal action. But this action is being back by the First Nation peoples, who "might" also stop their hunt, which has been unlimited and unregulated in the past.

maddogmech, weather was cool to cold with night time temps down near freezing. Daytime up in the 50's. Overcast most of the time, with drizzly rain off and on about every day. Very windy most days too, with wind picking up in the afternoon. Luckily my stalk was down in the timber and out of most of the wind. Another bowhunter from a different camp told me had a couple shot chances ruined by the high winds. Water is everywhere, and I was glad I brought my knee-high Muck boots to get around in the bogs. But what a shocking difference to arrive back to Indiana to the crazy hot temps and a serious drought!

--------------------