trad, yes for sure that was a fantastic bull! Not really representative of what you might see in most of the OTC units. He was in a draw-only unit. But you really never know and a guy could get lucky anywhere.

As far as any recommendations.....If you're bowhunting, I'd recommend waiting until later in the season, like the last 2 weeks, if you want to have the best chance to hear bugling and see rut action. If you're willing to sit waterholes, then I'd go the first week. That can be a highly effective strategy, but it may not be for everyone.

I like to camp back deep in the forest, close to where I'll be hunting. There are guys who have success with road camping too. But for me I just like to be close to the elk, and far as possible from other hunters. Having said that, there are places close to roads where elk live, and are overlooked by hunters. But those may be hard to find, and in general, the deeper you go, the less chance the elk with be as pressured.

Well no luck for me today in the WY draw. Will just have to hope for luck drawing some kind of tag elsewhere!

--------------------