I have GUN hunted for deer since I was 13 years old. My 13 yr. old daughter started hunting last year, with a CVA Scout.44 mag, she shot two deer, but we were only able to retrive the second one.... Then this past spring her school offered Archery as an extra cirricular activity. She signed up for the thing, and did pretty well. Which, as you can imagine, started an immediate push on her part for her own bow(to the point she's willing to spend her own money she's saved from several years of birthday/Christmas/babysitting) and for me to take her bow hunting. Now...I'm the kind of dad, who if I got a kid who wants me to take them outdoors, and do ANYTHING, I'm on it, as opposed to watching them play video games. She wants to go...I'm taking her. I shot a buddy's bow one day 20 years ago, and was drilling me some targets within 10 min. or so. That was really my last encounter with a bow. I know from some early stage window shopping that she can draw 35 lbs., and her draw length I think the guy said was 24in. First of all I'm not looking for a new bow, as I figure, same as guns, it depreciates 50% when you walk out the door, unless you buy used. So the latest and greatest is not on the list(Unless it's the latest and greatest from 3 years ago). Next, I want a bow that will grow with her, possibly, into adulthood. So....What bow is it that I'm looking for? Next....I'm not gonna go and just sit there, and I'm getting to be kind of an old dog for any new tricks, so now let's talk cross bows. What's a good one? Again, not looking for a new one, but looking for a good one. I hope I've got another 20-30 years to hunt, and I want it to last that long. Finally, let's go to the woods...It's different, I know that much, but what differences in bow/gun hunting do I need to prepare for. I once knew a guy who cut down every twig, sapling, or bush for 30 yards around his stand tree. Is this really nessicary? I'm almost too old and set in my ways for such an endeavor :rolleyes: .....almost. The reward for my effort..... A little more time in the woods with my kid, and those two weeks of November I've always hated you guys for. wink

SHHH.... Be vewy vewy quiet,I'm hunting WABBITS