Originally posted by Gilley:
I had another one, pulled up on atv and as I was getting off to take a pic before I shot him he pulled his leg out and ran off. All I had was my little .22 pistol so I had to just watch him run off. mad I had him in a bridger dogless offset. I'm starting to lose faith in the offset traps. Have had a couple since I got them get out. Anyone else have this problem??
Its not the trap Gilley. You just didn't have him where it needed to be. I have had it happen once or twice, where I had one just enough to get a light catch circle, and nothing there when I got there.

Since I don't know how you are setting, a couple potential causes are:

Too light of a pan tension. They have not committed their weight before the trap fires.

Too much cover on the trap, or the trap too deep in the trap bed. To go along with that, pan covers must stay INSIDE the jaws of the trap, or the covering stays in the pan cover, and gets folded up inside the jaws, not letting them close all the way. Generally when that happens, you get an immediate pull out.

Not being careful enough, and letting pebbles and/or small clods over the top of the trap. They can get caught between the jaws, not letting them close all the way.

AND, sometimes chit just happens, and you can't get them all!!!! laugh Keep up the good work, and posting pics!!!!

But its not the offset jaws.