Looks like this was the year to sell at NAFA. Granted, part time/hobby trappers selling fur there is like gambling, sometimes its worth it, sometimes its not. Personally know a guy that got $14.00 for his put up rats this year at the auction. Prices should start out good at the local fur buyers since they emptied the warehouses.

February 26, 2013

Fellow Trappers and all of Those Interested in Trapping,
Unbelievable! - That is all I can say. I listened to the North American Fur Auction sale (on-line) last week. Ranch Mink sold first at crazy, good prices and sold 100%.
Wild Fur followed, the first to be offered were fisher, wild mink and muskrat - the results were overwhelmingly good. The following day (Thursday) raccoon were offered - it was an astounding sale. Most trappers I have talked to here in Central Indiana AVERAGED $30.00+ with highs in the $50.00's. Western Raccoon Trappers averaged even more!
Finally, on Friday Bobcats, Beaver, Otter, Coyotes, and Foxes were offered. To say these items sold very well is an under-statement! Record prices were paid on almost all items. Many trappers I have talked to here in Indiana averaged around $50.00 on their coyotes and $65.00+ on Red Foxes!! Western Coyote trappers are ecstatic with averages of $100.00 and better! Bobcats were another highlight among a sale of constant highlights! Everything sold 100% ! The warehouses are empty! This has got to be a first! As I said this fur sale was unbelievable!!!
Anyone can check the results of the sale by going to www.nafa.ca/
Just a reminder to everyone wanting to drop off fur for the late May NAFA auction, the deadline is April 8th. We will accept fur until that time.
Also, we will be running our Southern Indiana Fur Route on March 23 &24. Anyone needing information - give us a call at 317-881-3075.
Another date to note, this Saturday March 2 - FTA Chapter 7-B will hold its annual fur sale at the Bartholomew County Fairgrounds. Doors open at 8:00 a.m. and the sale starts at 9:00 a.m..
Jake, Justin and I are doing some late season beaver trapping. Fighting the weather, today February 26, soaked to the bone and flooded creeks were the outcome! Oh well, you have to take the good with the bad.
If you haven't already; be sure to check out our on-line show: Hoosier Trapper Outdoors. Go to our website: www.hoosiertrappersupply.com click on the Hoosier Trapper Outdoors logo and that will take you to the show.
Be sure to check us out on facebook and youtube.
Until next timeā€¦.
Charlie Masheck
www.hooisertrappersupply.com
317-881-3075