Bowbo,
Season goes out the first of March and will
Come back in July 1st-8/14. I've always heard it was because of a federal migration treaty of some sort with Mexico, but I'm not 100% sure. They are always hard dates.

I used to use a Johnny Stewart preymaster caller before and did pretty good, but after 15 years or so it quit last year and I got this FoxPro Banshee. It's much louder and the sounds are pretty crisp. I plan to send it back to FP and get more sounds put on. The battery pack cable is too short and needs fixed anyway as it pulls out constantly.

It's a hoot calling in crows. Very fast paced. I have called them in with my voice as well and taken them. Your best bet is to find short trees as they will hug the tops of whatever trees around coming in. If it's just one small patch and an open field it doesn't tend to work out well for me as they will stay skied and you will just educate them. They absolutely remember, but sometimes they forget.

"The bottom line is, if you shoot something, be proud of it. If you can't be proud of it, don't shoot it. God didn't create any "justs." Neither should bowhunters." -Dwight Schuh