Got to thinking last evening, and realized I hadn't had the old '97 out for awhile. Gundude and I would get the old beaters out at least once for squirrels...and I hadn't done that yet this year.

So I looked at the weather forecast for Tuesday morning,,and it called for rain. DANG!! So with a little hesitation, I was reconsidering the trip...UNTIL I was called a "wimp" by someone who shall remain anonymous (bean)..... eek

So, I got to the woods only to hear dead silence, except for an occasional bluejay squawking his head off.

[Linked Image]

I finally spotted a small gray squirrel, who missed his next branch, and fell approximately 30 foot to the forest floor and took off running as if nothing had happened. Got a good laugh out of that one. laugh

I walked for a ways, and crossed a log where I met this fellow, and I sat down to watch him.

[Linked Image]

I bet he didn't move for 20 minutes, until I tapped his nose. He pulled everything inside his shell for a few minutes, until I started talking to him. He realized I wasn't gonna hurt him, and he resumed his posture.

Yeah,,,I got my azz wet...but it was a beautiful morning. wink

Brew coffee....not tards