With a couple extra days off and looking at a 14 day stretch starting Friday I took some time to try and wack some bushy tails. Yesterday started off good by spotting 2 grays working in a oak, I never could get on them for they were completely in the top not presenting a good shot.
At about 9 oclock as if a light switch was turned off, the cutting stopped, nothing but me and the mosquitoes and the heat.

Today got up to go and the rain had set in so I stayed in to do my domestic duties. After a couple hrs go by the rain stopped and I decided to go. As I pull into the drive I am greeted by a red squirrel running across in front of the car and into a single walnut tree. I get out and load the rifle and to no avail I could not find that squirrel. Ended up with 3 fox squirrels I only have a pic of one of them.A heavy rain set back in and didn't get a pic of all of them.

Getting ready for a wild game cook out some friends have every year.I'm going to use the chowder recipe that was posted earlier.

[Linked Image]