I was in the woods at daybreak today and shot one male in 5 minutes and that was it. Squirrels did not move or feed this AM. The one I shot was a head shot at 20yards and he was coming down a small tree with a branch in his mouth.

There were a lot of nuts laying on the ground and not much sign but I have seen a lot of squirrels this summer coming to my feeders so I know they are there.

I had Lazik on my eyes about 14 years ago and still have 20/15 in both but I tried hunting with my Remington 41P and cant see worth a hoot in low light conditions with peep sites. Its hard to knock one out of those big oak and hickory's I have. You put it on a bench and shot the center out of a target.

Luke is ahead but not by much and Im planning on going again tomorrow morning! Get the counter warmed up...... laugh

Bean and Luke,

When I lived in Kentucky I hunted with a friend and he taught me a easy way to kill squirrels when you are hunting together. Have one of you go around the opposite side of the tree and set up, have the other guy grab some low limbs about 10 yards from the tree and shake the heck out of them. The squirrel will go around to the set up side of the tree and either head down or hide, easy shot. Works every time we did it. h.h.

If you're not a hemorrhoid, get off my butt.