Originally posted by Moose1am:
Yes Bryan there are signs saying that it's off limits to fishing at every launch ramp and at the main sign in area of the main parking lot for the big pit.

The irony of this is that the guy who got the ticket is a friend and he is getting razzed hard by all his friends for his ticket. He knew better and even posted that he knew better but tried to sneak into get a few hours of fishing even though he new it was off limits. I guess he thought that he would not get caught. He just loves to fish and fishes all the time winter, spring, summer and fall rain or shine. He's one fishing machine. Now he's fishing other places. Newton Lake over in Illinois is open and he goes there.
I also love to fish for crappie and winter time is when the crappie all school up in really big schools. So if you can find the deep water you can find the crappie. Getting them to bite is something else.

I didn't like being kicked off the lakes either when they started doing that. But I understand the reason as I also duck hunted in the past.

It's akin to finding a good fishing spot and then having ten kayakers paddling though your fishing spot and scaring the fish away.

One waterfowl hunter told a story on another web site about a guy in a Nitro Bass Boat out at Bluegrass fishing right out in front of the duck hunters at 9 am and drinking beer and casting their plugs at the duck decoys in the hunters spread. Now that takes a lot of gall. Plus they said that the fishermen were laughing at the duck hunters in their camo gear. Now that's just not right no matter how you look at it.

I myself stopped going fishing or hunting out at Bluegrass. It's just got too many people fighting for space out there for my comfort. Public hunting is all a lot of people have as they don't have access to private land.

I went out to Bluegrass last week during one of the waterfowl hunting days and saw a few guys were hunting. Some were on Bluegrass Pit and another group was setup on Otter Pit. I could see the decoys in the water at Otter Pit but didn't see where the guys at Bluegrass were hunting. I didn't want to get too close anyway.
IMHO the area around Bluegrass has way too much human activity to be attractive for a lot of ducks. Yea you see some ducks out there but not in large numbers from what I can see. Now there are a lot of Canada Geese out there in the sanctuary area IE LOON PIt.
Well then I do not feel sorry for your friend and he got what he deserved... Guess he found out the hard way that the rules apply to him as well...