My oldest daughter Trevor (or T as we call her) has had a rough couple years of turkey hunting. After going on a string of turkeys for several years, in the past two years she was having trouble even seeing a male turkey. She hunted hard this year and we put a bunch of hens through the decoys, but jakes and toms were non-existent. So last evening while hunting a far corner of our woods, when I spotted a group of 6 Jakes cutting through, it was finally game on. I got on the Ghostmaker slate, got their attention, and here they came on almost a run to the DSD jake. It was over pretty fast as she settled in on the first one that gave her a good shot opportunity. 15 yards ... "BANG" ... flop ... and it was over.

The hunt is on video, but the camera man ... dad ... did not let go of the control arm at the shot and I tend to flinch real bad at gun shots, so the flop part isn't on video. Still I will throw a video together in the coming days.

Taking my daughters hunting is one of my greatest joys. So as one proud daddy, here is T and her 2014 Indiana turkey.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Derek
New Day Outdoors Productions - It's a New Day in the Outdoors
Magnus Broadheads
Take a child hunting.
Wear a safety harness at all times ... TRUST ME!