Originally posted by Jeff Valovich:
Ah yes, is because of the weather and global warming ....lol ...... dont know about you, but there have been some seasons recently that have been darn cold, this being one. I can remember it being 13 degrees so for multiple days during a vacation or two in Nov. in some recent years ... same for some cold Halloweens ... only a sane person dosnt buy into this man made global warming crap .. there is 16 days to the **** gun season, IMO, it is waaaay to long and a need to be moved back a week to 10 days ... IMO !! ... I am sooo glad I quit gun hunting for deer ...sheesh !!
I'm not blaming 100% of the weird rut activity on the climate but you cannot deny it doesn't at least have a factor in the discussion. I've been on this forum for a few years now and multiple people have talked about it over the years.

But I get it Jeff, in your world all would be right if gun hunting was curtailed and it would make everything all better, because, if the tens of thousands of gun hunters in this state would suddenly all go out and get bows and hit the woods at the same time, there would not be any issues right?

It's funny every year before gun season starts and I see guys on here already complaining that they are not seeing any deer so it can't be blamed entirely on gun hunters.

Funny that you complain that 16 days of gun hunting as being too long, but not a word about the 100 plus bow hunting days.

If I don't "need" 16 days to gun hunt (which I don't), then you, and everyone else, sure a heck don't "need" 100 days to bow hunt.