Wait ... Parrot Head ... are you talking say in the event of using a climbing tree stand? I hunt mainly out of fixed stands. BUT ... I do have an old Summit Cobra climber that I use from time to time. And yes, you can still use a rock climbing harness, the 75 cm dynamic lead, and say an adjustable tether rope like Summit makes. Same deal, just adjust as you are going up. Get to your desired hunting elevation, re-position your tether and hunt with out ever un-clipping. The difference between the hunting harness and the rock climbing harness is where you position your tether to the tree. With a hunting harness you position it at about head height or slightly higher so that you don't fall more than a couple feet in the event of a fall. With a rock climbing harness and a 75 cm dynamic lead, I position the tether (for a climbing stand) or my prusik on my static life line at about waist high. The furthest that I would fall is about 75 cm (less than 2 1/2 feet).

Really the rock climbing harness setup has been for me the simplest, least intrusive, most comfortable, and I would argue safest system that I have tried.

Derek
New Day Outdoors Productions - It's a New Day in the Outdoors
Magnus Broadheads
Take a child hunting.
Wear a safety harness at all times ... TRUST ME!