Originally posted by pav:
Originally posted by sticksender:
[b] 113,471 now....still dropping cool
Someone suggested the early archery numbers are up. Don't forget, early archery season was six days longer compared to a year ago....and those were six rut days.

Didn't see where anyone pointed out the late anterless firearms season (where applicable) was nearly twice as long as a year ago.

I get the opening day argument...but only to an extent. There was ALOT of firearms deer hunting opportunity remaining after opening day. I heard the day two harvest was down as well...which really makes me scratch my head.... confused [/b]
Some are banking on the myth/fault/reason for low harvest is that Hoosier hunters pay for tags, pay for $500-$2500 in guns, pay for ammo, pay for traveling, pay for camo and clothing and trail cams, and treestands, etc, etc, etc, etc,............and only hunt one day of gun season on opening day Saturday. LOL!! laugh

And those same "jjas's/people/hunters" tout that it only takes "one day to get 1/3 of the harvest completed with a gun"........... but cry "foul" if you say then "ok, we don't need as many gun days then do we"....... wink

Originally posted by jjas:
But nothing is like the opener. That one day normally accounts for 33% of the total deer killed in the entire firearms season.
Such a "two faced" little bunch aren't they...... cool

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"