I of course do not want to get into any argument, but I highly agree with what Bean says. I hunt close to him so our issues are very alike. I, myself, had a very blessed deer season and was able to take my first big buck and a couple older does. I saw a good amount of deer this year on the farms I hunt (not as much as years past but still a decent amount). Many of my fellow hunters did not have a good season with little to no success and I know that most of them put a lot of time in the woods. I believe that some areas are more highly populated with deer than others. Around here, the farming community puts an impact on the deer because there are farmers who tend to take out deer habitat, and sometimes what I believe is too much. I have noticed a lot of habitat loss lately due to farm ground gain. BUT it's the farmers property so it's more than his right. Another big factor is the loss of predator control. The coyotes here are extremely abundant. I did not get a single fawn on trail cam all year and neither did some of my hunting friends. I did however find two dead fawns over the course of the summer who had been eaten clean by coyotes. More predator control is definitely needed and I hope that more hunters start to hunt them. Just in my innocent opinion, I also believe that reducing the number of antlerless tags (at least around our area) would be a tad efficient because there are a lot of people who shoot whatever they see first and repeat the process time and time again because they can and have the tags in their pocket. We are a high amish area and they tend to shoot what they see (which it is their right) but shooting every doe in a, suppose an 8 doe group, is not going to help the population. These are just a few little issues that I and many of the hunters here agree on that need to be handled. Less deer habitat destruction, more coyote control, and maybe just a tad less doe tags?

"The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know."