Originally posted by DEC:

Like I said ... manage your own land, screw the State.
JB has done this........ PAV has done this......... DEC has done this and .....

I have done this since 1991. Saw disaster coming as soon as we had to no longer draw to get a doe tag (remember those days?). So owning and leasing land that touches each other (locking up large areas), or was up against large tracts of "no hunting" ground became my formula.

People laughed at me at first as I spent much time and $$ to secure a "long LONG term" situation with these properties........ and then I managed them like I wanted.

I can remember in one area in particular I had 3 neighbors on my boundary lines back in the late 1990's due to plenty of deer and opps for all. Others around me shot and shot and shot and SHOT every year.....and they had devastating results as they "did what the State said they could do"...... and now last season we actually took a count of treestands on the property line of that same chunk of ground...... we found 51 stands and 6 ground blinds surrounding us.

It's remarkable how some real screwballs on this site will tell you "their way is the way to bliss" here in this state by leaving the regs the way they are.....and those same screwballs tell me how wrong I am in what I suggest as a management plan for this State. Yep.....I'm SOOOOO wrong, those 51 stands and 6 ground blinds are there because the way I manage is SOOOOOO terrible they just have to sit there and see how "bad" it is. LOL!!!

Go ahead.......... listen to Brew, jjas and others here that voted to get us right where we are at. And let them convince you their way is the way to stay...........

.......... and I'll show you another place where you can keep putting up treestand #52, 53, 54, etc on my fenceline and you can keep grinding your teeth on those stands as you watch from the outside all the "bad hunting management" that I preach about on the inside......

Keep your 30+ days of gun season to just do as the state wants if you want more pure H E L L....... don't confuse me with someone that cares about the pain you dealt yourself as you listened to the Brew's and jjas's of this State.

You want change? Get off you azz and quit typing here....... If you don't know what to do.......PM me and I'll tell you exactly what to do.

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"