Originally posted by Jeff Valovich:
yup, nonres.... DRAW ... plus charge more

I talked to 3 guys from Michigan of all places who were hunting the F&W area I do.... First off, why all the way down here from Michigan just to hunt a state area that gets pounded ??... he said for the $150, its hard to beat the price, plus his parents live close by so they stay there. He said he dosnt want to lease and the area is free (cant blame him for that ..lol..).. ... I see a LOT of Illinois plates here also.... most are from the Chicago/Northern Ill. area, where there isnt much for public land... so they come here ...

there is way less available private and large areas of land up here to hunt, so many more just pile into the F&W areas.... J/P, Willow Slough, LaSalle, Kingsbury, Kanakakee ... these get pounded and get quite a bit of Nonres... Willow Slough gets a LOT of Illinois people 'cause its right on the state line... same for LaSalle.....
You think our public land gets pounded....those Michigan guys know it is much worse up on most Michigan public depending on where they are coming from.

I don't put much stock in a survey conducted by a site...where most likely one or a few tell a bunch of other folks about it and to go there and share thoughts as well....really just tapping into a small group of minds that share the same feelings (could swing either direction). It is one of the biggest challenges for someone like Joe Caudell, trying to capture an overall true snapshot of hunter thoughts.

I work in a job where I only hear from folks unhappy and appealing something....while they represent less than 5% of the total section that make up the area I'm dealing with...does that mean the other 95% are happy, no. However, it does and should illustrate the unhappy will always make the most noise. (whether justified or not)