Ah, once again, the yearly Deer numbers/DNR sucks and I can manage it better than any one else can thread is back.

I only went out opening weekend (5 hours at most) and probably shouldn't have wasted my time doing that. I had no intentions of shooting anything this year unless it was wounded or a wall hanger buck. But it was my yearly opening weekend hunting trip back home (Fulton County) so that is only reason why I went. Could have shot a big doe with my Kar98 but she didn't meet either criteria so I let her walk.

But I digress, maybe it is because I have a lifetime license and don't have feel like I need to kill something just to show for the money spent on tags. Maybe it is because I wait for deer to actually get a decent size to them before harvesting them so I don't have to kill so many to actually have a decent amount of meat after processing. I shot what had to be a 250+ pound buck last year and I have only eaten one or two packages from it.

I don't need a shorter gun season nor do I think it needs to be shorten. I manage my hunting situations by doing some basic simple things and my hunting has for the most part is getting better all the time.