Jb,

You say "I" took opportunity for new "weapons" and claimed new hunters, women and kids would benefit...

First of all, I wish I had the power you seem to feel I've had. Did I support the youth season? Yep. Unlike many on this forum who didn't. And why didn't they? I have no idea as it never made sense to me, but many felt it was because those who opposed the youth season did so because the didn't want the kids getting first crack @ "their" deer.

Did I support crossbows during archery season? Yep. Why wouldn't I? Why shouldn't kids, women, and men who want to hunt with a crossbow be able to without having to get a doctor's excuse? Obviously I (and many others) weren't alone. Look @ the states that have approved xbows since then. Why were so many bowhunters against xbows? Again, it never made much sense to me, but many feel that like the youth season, they didn't want anyone with a xbow killing "their" deer.

And...if you took the time to go back when all this was happening you would see that I proposed a "deer license" consisting of two deer tags way before the bundle was created. I'd still support that idea today.

Finally, I've said for years that if archery hunters want the firearms season shortened/moved they would need to step up and show on a consistent basis that they were willing to help manage the herd on a larger scale than they were then or now...

And yes archery hunters include xbowers.....