Originally posted by jjas:
Originally posted by BREW...:
[b] ^^^^ According to the last DNR meeting where the deer herd reduction was a topic .... The words coming out of mouths was that we are in a "MAINTAIN "mode now....

Pretty sure there was a video taken at that meeting where them words were spoken!
If you look @ the last 4 seasons harvest data (2013/16), the numbers have pretty much stayed the same (with an average of 122,500 deer). The fluctuation between seasons is somewhere around 4%. [/b]
[Linked Image]

Two things according to what Brew and jjas is saying when you look at this chart......

Brew.... we AREN'T "maintaining"......we are dropping.....and at a high rate of speed!! When you figure in this years approx. harvest of 110,000 we are 20% down from where we were in 2012..... when you figure in the last 2 years, we are going to be down almost 13% than where we were in 2015 till 2017 harvest totals ............ vs just a 1% drop between the 2013 and 2015 harvest totals !!!.... Can you say we are ACCELERATING FAST to much fewer deer!!! Where the heck do you see "maintaining" happening???? :rolleyes: No wonder you took this same graph down you put up!! LOL!!

jjas...... the IDNR does not report our harvest data in "averages from several years" like you do. They report the EXACT number so we stay in "reality".....so we can see where we started, and see where we are at currently. Another attempt by you to "skew" the perception everything is just fine..... :rolleyes:

My tires hold 50 pounds air pressure.......and when 10 pounds are left I don't think "oh what the heck, my tires are still averaging 30 pounds of air......so I'll just keep driving on an "almost flat"......

Are you seriously that delusional?? LOL!!!!! cool

.....(please don't answer that)... wink

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"