All I can say is that the past couple years for us has been bad. I feel pretty bad for Luke but know that hunting is well - hunting. I have been hunting the areas around here since 2003 and the numbers have never been this bad. I think the reasons are:

1. Numbers are way down and yote numbers are way up. With numbers down every single fawn/deer kill by coyotes makes a difference. We don’t have a lot of huge cover acres. Wood lots and drainages mostly. We did not see one fawn this year with the mature does. NOT ONE. No one will convince me that the does we seen were not bred or that coyotes don’t make a difference. We summer glass almost every evening from the roads and run several cameras. We had more coyotes on cameras than deer.

2. People shot too many deer and we have an influx of Amish around us now. More every year. Some of have started coming together and saying enough of shooting the does. We can only control some of our area but some are starting to make wiser decisions.

I am a little worried about Luke getting burned out with not seeing deer. He hunted every day but 7-8 days from bow through gun season and went 21 days without seeing a deer. If this continues I bet Indiana loses many younger hunters.

Fishing and honeybee time