I wasn't expecting to see anything opening morning because of the weather in Jefferson county. I got in the stand a hour before daylight, by 7:30 I saw two small bucks. At 8:15 I looked below me 2/3 down the ridge I was hunting and saw a buck I had plenty of trail cam photos stand up from his bed stretch and lay back down. This buck must have been there before the sun came up, now I can see his front shoulder in the thick bed he was laying in only 50 yards away. I put the crosshairs behind his front shoulder squeezed the trigger and my gun season was over. I had a encounter with him about 3 weeks ago, he was 20 yards away but I didn't have a good shot, so I had to watch him walk away.
He has 11 points with a 16 1/8 inside spread, left side has a 13 1/2 inch bladed G2 with a 1 1/2 inch kicker. Other side had a 5 inch drop tine with a split brow tine.
My processor said he had been shot before in the neck with a high power 22 cal slug that was still in his neck when he caped him.
I can't post pics but my good buddy Nick will post one for me soon.
Good luck to all still out hunting.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.