Originally posted by DRS:
This is what I see for the 2018 Deer Season in Indiana:

(1) The State will reconsider the use of P.C.Rs to become legal for Deer Hunting on Some State Forests as well as the Hoosier National Forest. However State Game Areas, like Sugar Ridge, etc, will not allow them. Also, the use of P.C.Rs on private property will need to meet certain requirements like: Hunting area must be greater than 50 acres, and nearby homes must be at least 500 yards from the property, and also businesses, roads, or developments must not be near the hunting property. Areas regarded as unsafe to use P.C.R. or any firearm will only be open to Archery equipment such as cross bows and regular compound bows, mainly in high population Counties. (2) The use of High Powered rifles will not be permitted anywhere in the State of Indiana. Reasons include: population density, subdivisions, strip malls, and busy roads. The state officials will most likely state: “they acted too hasty in allowing certain High Powered rifles, in regards to the given reasons", thus will correct this due to safety reasons. (3) The use of "Rifled" Sabot slug firing shotguns, handguns, and also muzzle loaders will be legal equipment in safe public hunting areas, yet to be determined, but again the population density will play a role in the States’ decision. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling Deer Hunting in Indiana will undergo sweeping changes next year.
If just the greater than 50 acres/within 500 yards portion of your post were implemented, that would mean that very few deer hunters would be hunting with ANY firearm on private ground....Period.

Now that may be what you envision, but from a financial and herd management standpoint, it would be a huge mistake IMO.