Originally posted by Scarlett Dew:
Ohio land is the good deal right now. Great regs to grow any type of deer you want to hunt (does, dinks and trophies) ALL hunters get the experience they want...... Indiana however is still victim to "quantity tag", "quantity weapon" and "quantity gun days" voices....... which tends to yield a better experience for the "quantity/weapon" hungry crowd. That's all fine and dandy till the quantity dries up.....and weapons are maxed....... Then the bottom falls out for all, which is where we are now and heading towards deeper each year.

..........which is why they scream to protect 30+ days to gun hunt here in Indiana, longer range weapons, and more days to hunt the "beloved buck"/or win the local/family/friend group "most does shot" contest which their little egos just HAVE to have.
I agree with part of and disagree other parts with you post here...

I agree that we have too many gun days and I have stated that in the past... I am against the late gun season as I don't see it as necessary and I think if Muzzleloaders can be used in the regular Firearm season, then the two should be combined into one season, and I have argued for that in the past...

But here is where I disagree with you...

You claim Ohio regs are so great and the ALL hunters get the experience they want but that is totally false... They complain just as much as hunters here do about their DNR and their herd management practices...

Some have called for shorter bow season (which I think we should do here also... If someone doesn't need 30 plus days to gun hunt, then no one sure as heck don't need 90 plus to bow hunt either)

Most want a lottery for NR tags and a limit on how many...

Most want to raise the NR prices to closer to Iowa's and one wanted a reciprocal price so whatever it would cost them to hunt in your state you have to pay to hunt in Ohio...

They complain about lack of public access and they complain about leasing as well...

http://www.ohiosportsman.com/threads/lobbying-the-dnr-management-issue.70444/

Iowa is the same... Does get slaughtered and it s the same thing... Even some are complaining about "Big" Bucks in decline...

http://www.iowasportsman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=991767